Monday, January 30, 2006

Life in PR

Strange things happen here sometimes. This afternoon, we sat at a traffic light for the longest time I think I have ever sat at a traffic light in my life, and we were the first ones at the intersection. We were on the way from picking up supper, and we stopped at a light. At some point after we stopped, I uncovered my Mc Flurry and got started eating it. By the time we finally got a green light, I was within 4 bites of finishing it! I wasn't eating fast either-I like to make desserts last.

Also, it seems that some truckers here have this habit of naming their trucks, presumably after a loved one, or something. On the road today, I saw this huge dump truck, and right across the front grill it read "Abuela Maria". Now I'm sure she appreciated the thought, but I'm not so sure that if I was "Grandma Mary" that I'd want a dump truck named after me.

No comments: