Friday, January 20, 2006

Conversations with my students

During music class Monica raised her hand and asked, "Teacher, when you were in fifth grade, did you ever tell your teacher that the dog ate your homework?" I told her, "No, Monica, I never did that....I never had a dog!"
I'm still wondering how that came up in music class.

After piano lessons, Isabel was being her usual dramatic self and flopped onto the ground in the hallway. "Teacher, I think I broke my scapula!" she said. When I asked her if she knew where/what that was, she said yes and pointed to her backside. (for those who don't know, the scapula is the shoulder blade)

During a discussion of loud sounds and soft sounds in her piano lesson, Bianca (first grade) and I started to talk about animals, and I asked her what her favorite animal was. She replied without hesitation and with a huge grin on her face, "Skunks!" When asked why, she said, "Because they are black and white, and for me they are so pretty!"

No comments: