Monday, October 17, 2005

Overwhelmed, but God is still good!

So it's been quite a while since I started this post because the internet has ben down, but it's kinda funny how the title is still quite appropriate.

Wow, it's been quite a weekend. The fun started on Thursday, when we got home, and there was no water. What made it really interesting, was that we had invited Avieria and Nicole over to spend the night since we had PTM the next morning. So, on Friday morning, we left for school early so that we could take showers in the dorms. It made me really glad that the school I work for includes a college with dorms. =) All day Friday until 6 pm we had parent meetings, then we took 4 college girls to the mall before we finally went home for the night. Friday night and Saturday morning we still didn't have water. On Saturday, we took one of the girls to the airport to buy her ticket home for Christmas, so we decided to go to Plaza Las Americas (the big mall) because we were over in that direction anyway. We took a couple more college girls and really enjoyed ourselves. When we got home on Saturday night, we had water! I did 2 loads of laundry because we're never sure how long the water will last. Sunday morning, I found out that one of my friends from my church in Greenville was killed in a construction accident. It's hard to find out about those kind of things no matter what, but it was extra hard hearing while I was sitting at the piano. Let's just say that my playing on the next song left a little to be desired. The young man was a Christian, but it's still especially hard on the church youth group because it is a very close knit church. Friends that are there say everyone at church is just walking around in shock. It's hard for me to believe, and right now I really wish I could be there with them, but I know God has me exactly where he wants me.

Now to more current events. There's so much I could say, but don't have enough time to, so I'll go ahead and start with this week. Sunday started the FBF Carribean Conference, and so far we've had 2 people saved, and 4 incredible messages that were very much needed. I'm especially excited to have Dr Bob Jones III here, although I must say that it was slightly scary to be scheduled to play the offertory last night right before he spoke! It went well, despite my cold hands. I was fine during the service before the offertory, because I was squished next to Carlos Santana (see picture on a previous post) and it was quite warm. When I went close to the front for the offertory, I began to freeze. They have to keep it very cold for it to be even comfortable with that many people in the church. Last night we were packed with people standing in the back of the church, as well as many people in the airconditioned tent that has been rented for the occasion. I'm really looking forward to this week and the things the Lord has in store for us. It has already been good to be in the house of the Lord.

Student quote for the day: "Teacher, you look tropical!" (this from Diego in 5th grade)

No comments: