Monday, November 07, 2005

Holidays

I love the way this school works! We just had three days "off" (I put it in quotes because we had our Bible Conference, which was not really days off), and this Friday we are off for veteran's day, and coming soon....Thanksgiving! In fact, this year I will get MLK day off for the first time ever-this coming from someone who lived in the Atlanta area (MLK's hometown) for 10 years!

Speaking of 3 days off for conference, it was wonderful. The Lord really worked in hearts, and it was such a blessing to hear so much good preaching this week. One very interesting message: Dr Brian Green from England spoke on the fish that swallowed Jonah. I have heard many messages on Jonah, but never a message on the fish, or more specifically, how we should be like the fish-it was prepared, etc. I was also able to see a friend from my 2002 mission team who I hadn't seen since we landed in Atlanta after the trip. He's from the Dominican Republic, and when you hear him speak, you can tell that. That's why it was funny to me when he told me my Spanish was sounding Puerto Rican. When I went to Spain, I really didn't speak that much Spanish, but since taking many more Spanish classes, and going to Spanish church, I have picked up much much more. So when he asked me how my Spanish was, and I responded in Spanish, he said I was getting an accent! Like he's got room to talk....on our team not even the native speakers could understand him when he spoke. =) It was good to see him again though.

No comments: