Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Grades

Grades are due today, so everyone has been trying to get to computers all day. My grades are done, and it was relatively easy. I only have 5 separate classes, only 2 different classes, to enter grades for. This means PTM this Friday-parent meetings. I probably won't have as many as most of the teachers, since I teach mostly piano lessons, and that doesn't go on their report card. The one nice thing about PTM is that we get to come in around 9 AM instead of 7 AM. We have to stay until 5 PM instead of 4PM, but I have always preferred staying late to arriving early. Yea for more sleep Thursday night!
It's raining again today. It's been raining all day. It's been raining every day except one for about the last 2-3 weeks. In fact, I emailed a friend today, and said "hello from the beautiful lake of Puerto Rico. Yes, I said lake, not island." So it's not really flooded, but there's lots of water everywhere. I really don't mind, though, since it makes a huge difference in the temperature inside the apartment.
We're stopping at the mall on the way home to get a hand made wooden top for Priscilla's mom, who starts chemo tomorrow. From time to time, different vendors set up booths in the hallways of the mall, and this week, its "Artesania Puertorriquena". Basically all kinds of folk art, mostly handmade. There's lots of fun stuff to look at.
I will close with the interesting student comment for the day. Ariel (a first grader) has been telling me in his piano lessons that he has a brother and a sister "in his mom's tummy". When he came to his lesson today, he said, "My babies are out! They are in my house." He was so excited about his new brother and sister. His brother Andre is at home, but his sister Ariana is still in the hospital.

No comments: