Wednesday, February 15, 2006

First soccer practice

Yesterday was pretty interesting. We're playing with seven girls on the field at once, and at practice yesterday I had exactly seven. I really enjoyed the drills and stuff, and during the scrimmage, I was reminded once again how much trouble I would be in as a coach if this weren't just intramural. I could never stay in the proper prescribed place for a coach. After the first basketball game I coached, I wondered why I was so tired. During the second game, I discovered that it was becaused I walked up and down the sidelines during the whole game. This was not just a leisurely stroll, I was walking fast and hard! The first soccer game is Friday. I'm really looking forward to this coaching thing. I have a really good group of girls with sweet spirits who are willing to listen. They have made it fun for me. I'm enjoying getting to know my students outside of class.

No comments: