Thursday, September 29, 2005

Kids are funny

Last week, one of my students asked me if I was from Texas. While I appreciated the compliment =), I had no idea why he asked. Turns out I said something like "Oooweeee, this is gonna be fun" with a thick accent. See, I don't normally have an accent, except when I'm tired, or talking to people with a southern accent, or certain specific words, but not all the time. Funny thing is, 10 years ago, I lived in Texas for 7 years. It's hard to believe it's been that long.

On Sunday, I was talking to Carlos, a third grader, about something. We were talking about when we first met, which was during Bible Conference at Bob Jones University, and a few other things. He was telling me that he knew that I lived in Locust Grove, Georgia, and I told him that now I live in PR. He said to me, "Well, when you graduate from your job....."I told him that until the Lord leads me differently, I'm in PR for a good long time. We talked about my sister, and when I told him she was getting married this summer, he said, "So then she will be your sister in law?"

No comments: