Friday, September 16, 2005

Hello world!

I have officially entered the world of blogging. Mostly it's because my family and friends all want to know what's going on down here. I don't intend to post deep thoughts, just what's going on. I don't know how often I'm even going to be able to post, but for right now, here goes.
For those who don't know, I'm in my first year of teaching music at Calvary Baptist Christian School in Carolina, Puerto Rico. I teach 42 piano lessons every week, and 2 violin lessons. I'm also teaching music to each 5th grade class (there are three) once a week, a music appreciation class for middle school, and in my spare time, I play the piano for 3 choirs, 3 chapels, and 2 church services every week, and violin for 2 church services every week. This week has been a bit lighter, because we're having school pictures. Since those are taken in the church auditiorium, we can't have chapel this week. I have also had 2-3 students miss lessons because of picture time.
This weekend Priscilla (my roommate) and I are hopefully going to finish unpacking boxes and fixing our apartment. Last weekend we got our refrigerator, and I don't know that I've ever been more thankful for an appliance in my life. When you don't have air conditioning, a refrigerator is a huge blessing......it means cold drinks, cold food, even ice cream!
I'm still working on learning all my student's names. I have somewhere around 150 names to learn. The smaller classes I know all the names, and the one class of 15 I know all of them mostly because I spend a great deal of class time on crowd control with that group. The other classes are harder, especially 5C. In 5C, I have 3 Chris's, 2 Paolas, 3 Luis's, an Ian, and an Ilan along with many others. It's coming along though. The kids are nice enough to be patient with me and remember that while they only have my name to learn, I have so many to remember.

1 comment:

sarah said...

actually, no one has said anything about the blog. good to hear from you =)