Monday, March 30, 2009

March Madness

Well, it was fun while it lasted. KU lost by 5 Friday night. It was a pretty exciting game, and at least I got to see it, but I'm still sad they lost (that, and it's so long before I get to see them play again). I also figured out how to get cold in Puerto Rico-go out at midnight! Not that I do that on a regular basis, but the game was over 11:45 ish, so when I went out side, I got to experience "cold" Puerto Rican style. (it was probably high 60s low 70s) I also got to take advantage of an interesting law on the way home-between 12AM and 5 or 6AM, you can run stoplights as long as no one is there. It's actually in the drivers manual that, if you can do so safely, you do not have to obey the red light. Apparently it's partially to reduce crimes at that time of night, or so I've heard. I only got to take advantage of it once-at the other lights there were cars there.
And the student quote for the day:

While watching the game, I was telling Carlos that I've been a Jayhawk fan my whole life, in fact I went to games before I was born, to which he replied "Wow. Then it's a wonder you don't have feathers!"

No comments: