Thursday, September 25, 2008

Not too much to say today, I think, but since I'm trying to make a habit of writing more often, I'll at least say something. Today went pretty well-my composing students are slowly but surely getting the idea of how to do dictation, although I did let them out 15 minutes early because I had it in my head that this was the class that gets out at 10 after the hour. Oops! I did have one funny incident where I was trying to return Diego to his classroom after his piano lesson (this first grader is not trusted in the halls by himself) and we couldn't find his class. We even went outside, but apparently the class was walking in an area where we couldn't see them. One of the other teachers told me where the class was, so I just kept Diego with me while we waited for the class to come back. He began to get worried about his teacher. He told me he missed her, and he was convinced that someone had come along to steal her. I tried to assure him that the teacher was ok, and he said to me "Ok teacher, I'll trust you." A few minutes later he was worried again, I tried to reassure him again, and he said, "I'll try to believe you." I don't think I've ever seen a student quite so happy to see his teacher as Diego was when we finally found his class.
I play for college choir tonight, so I'm still at school pretty late. They sing Sunday morning in church, so I'm sure that's what we'll work on, as well as some of the music for the FBFI conference.
Tomorrow we have our second volleyball game, and hopefully the uniforms will be here in time to have the girls try them on and check to make sure they fit.

No comments: