Friday, October 27, 2006

Love is in the air!

In Mrs. Encarnacion's first graders' air, to be precise. I don't know why these incidents seem to be restricted to her class, but I have not noticed it in either of the other 2 classes. First grade PE is the highlight of my Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I wish everyone could get to know the special little people that I have the privilege to teach. These kids provide most of my funny sayings by students. A few weeks ago, I was lining the kids up in a certain order to play a game, and I told Juan to go stand between Alexandria and Nathalie. His answer was, "Between Alexandria and Nathalie??? Por fin! (translation-finally!)" I hear from his teacher that it is not a good idea to put him near those two again. She tells me this is not an isolated experience. On Wednesday, we were headed inside from PE, and Carolina raised her hand to tell me, "Teacher, Johnmarco said he loves me!" It was not a complaint, or something that bothered her, she just wanted me to know. Apparently they have to be separated in class because they have been blowing kisses, and touching each other often. And finally, this morning in early arrival, Juan (yes, the same one) raised his hand and said, "Teacher, Nayari is doing to me like this," as he went through the motions of blowing kisses. This one I think was pretty one sided because he did not seem very happy about it.

2 comments:

Corene said...

Ahhh. First grade romances. First loves. Don't you want to go back there.
Actually I don't think I liked any boy in 1st grade or any grade at that. I have just heard stories about stuff like that.

millierod said...

Hope it doesn't freak you out that I'm reading your blog even though you said it's for family and friends. I like reminiscing about when I was there and hearing about the places you visit. I'm also a teacher, so I can also relate to what you are talking about. I have "Love in the Air" on a much larger scale because I teach 8th grade! I teach in a public school so I can't share God with them, but I did make a myspace page that they can see what my beliefs are. Anyways, love reading your blog, wish I was teaching in PR, and God Bless! ~Millie