Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Help!!

I'm going nuts! Actually, I'm ok, it's just that this week has been and will continue to be a little crazy. I'm leaving for Greenville Saturday afternoon, and I have not had an evening at home to clean, get things done and pack since Saturday, and I won't have one between now and when I leave. All for a good cause, though. Monday night is normally visitation, but since I didn't have a scheduled visit, I went with the group that normally goes to Walmart or Kmart to pass out tracts. We have to be careful that we only give them to people who are exiting the store. I hear that in the past there has been danger or threat of arrest, so when a policeman approached one of the college guys, he was naturally a little nervous. Jose told us that the policeman was asking him questions, and he just felt prompted to basically preach to the guy. After talking for a while, the policeman trusted Christ as his Savior. It was a blessing to see Jose's excitement, and a blessing to hear how the Lord turned a potentially scary situation into a witnessing opportunity.
Last night I had a scheduled visit to the home of a second grade student. His parents are solid Christians and the kind of parents any teacher would love to deal with. Their home was in the mountains, so there was land and quite that I thoroughly enjoyed, since I live in the city and don't see much of it.
Tonight is church, sign language class, and choir practice afterwards for chapel tomorrow.
Thursday night is college choir practice, and practice with the men's quartet for Easter.
Friday is soccer game (the last before playoffs) and after the game a concert at the fine arts center. If I remember correctly, it's the Emerson string quartet. Not quite sure what they're playing, but it should be nice.
After all that fun, I'll be leaving for the airport around noon on Saturday.
Somewhere in the middle of all this, I have to figure out my taxes, and figure out how to deal with Puerto Rican taxes as well as US and state taxes.

1 comment:

Corene said...

hope you get everything done.